bonnet bulge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miniman2
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2009 :  19:34:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am currently finishing off a mk1 stag that has had the SD1 rover v8 conversion and is running twin hif44 carbs. the problem i have at the moment is the previous owner has fitted a bulge to clear the dash pots of the carbs though the carbs and the elbows touch the bonnet at several points causing small dents and will cause alot of vibration when the engine is running. dose anyone know where i can get a good bulge to fit the stag. i have seen a few stags with subtle looking bulges and this is what we are after. any info would be appreciated.

V Mad
Starting Member

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  19:05:58  Show Profile  Visit V Mad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is another option; lower the engine (use spacer plates), and cut down the carbs slighly, then you will not need a bulge. I did that on my first stag; it looked so much better. Monarch Stags can help you with parts for that or make them yourself.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Stagdad

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  19:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or you could get a offenhauser inlet manifold and a 4 barrel carb like the Holley or Weber which will fit under the bonnet.If you do go for a bulge why not get a bonnet that already has one and scalf it in to the original ,something like dare i say a Capri or one of the lexus's has quite a subtle bonnet bulge.

Cheers Steve

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Stag Mad Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000